Monday, January 16, 2006

HARVEST in NYC

It's time to post these links, I guess. The play is due to open in NYC this week. I won't be there, but I've got all my digits crossed. Here are links to: LaMaMa's site, the New York Times notice and an interview with me in nytheatre.com.

Incidentally ... it just occurred to me that crossing one's fingers is really only useful if one is a believing Christian. Ah well. I'll hope that 8 years in convent schools entitles me to request that a little luck be sanctioned in the direction of the play!

Oh -- and -- here's a link to a page in NYTheatre-Wire which features Suki from Penguin India's 2005 collection of my Bombay strip, DOUBLETALK (there's a link to it on the right). I always get a bit of thrill when I see Suki featured anywhere -- she had such a rough time in her early years, it's kind of sweet to find that she's still capable of holding her own even now, 20 years later. When she chooses, that is ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hopefully this time, the play will be devoid of ABCDness.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Tony Tharakan from PTI New Delhi. Could you take out the time for an email interview? Do let me know at tonytharakan2000@yahoo.com

amba said...

hi, saw your play today, it was very powerful, wrote a small review of it on my blog..

Unknown said...

Hi amba -- major thanks for that. May I post a link to your blog here? It's great to have an independent response to the production!

amba said...

sure, go ahead and post the link. Also forgot to mention that Jaya, Ma and Jeetu were all amazing actors!