Thursday, May 11, 2006

98 or 2? Which one r u?

At the end of this message, you are asked a question.

Answer it immediately. Don't stop and think about it.

Just say the first thing that pops into your mind.


This is a fun "test"... AND kind of spooky at the same time! Give it a try, then e-mail it around (including back to me) and you'll see how many people you know fall into the same percentage as you. Be sure to put in the subject line if you are among the 98% or the 2%. You'll understand what that means after you finish taking the "test".


Now... just follow the instructions as quickly as possible.



Do not go to the next calculation before you have finished the previous one.



You do not even need to write or remember the answers, just do it using your mind.


You'll be surprised.



Start:

How much is:



15 + 6

























3 + 56



























89 + 2

























12 + 53





































75 + 26




































25 + 52





























63 + 32

































I know! Calculations are hard work, but it's nearly over..



Come on, one more...




























123 + 5






















































QUICK! THINK ABOUT A COLOR AND A TOOL!
















































Scroll further to the bottom...






















































A bit more...























You just thought about a ... (okay people -- unless I see a minimum of three responses here, I'm not posting the END of this amusing message that came to me by e-mail. Just follow the instructions and post the FIRST RESPONSE that comes to mind.)


---and a mere half day later, five responses -- CONGRATULATIONS, people! You've just proved something to me -- i.e., that there are many more 2%ers than the original testers thought there might be! Here's the end of the message:


You just thought about a red hammer, didn't you?







If this is not your answer, you are among 2% of people who have a different, if not abnormal, mind.



98% of the folks would answer a red hammer while doing this exercise.



If you do not believe this, pass it around and you'll see.



Be sure to put in the subject line if you are among the 98% or the 2% and send to everyone, including the person that sent it to you.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

pink and hammer

Thanu said...

Orange and a spanner

Madhav said...

Red and a hammer. So?

zigzackly said...

a purple car-jack.

Unknown said...

This is so funny. When I did this, a couple of days ago, my response (Green Spade) made it seem like I was a freak. I got the message from my sister and she'd got it from my cousin and both had got the 98% response. So there I was, feeling like a potential serial killer (or whatever). But then I got to thinking: if it's true that 98% respond with a particular colour/tool combo, SURELY there has to be a cultural component. And if so, then it must not be the standard response for those living elsewhere (from the US, I mean. The message originates in the US). And that's what your responses have shown me ... because it's hardly likely that out of six responses at this site (not including mine) five have been two-percenters!! Thanks all, for responding.

Unknown said...

Well, Amro, it does NOT surprise me to find that you're even more non-standard (i.e., neither 98% NOR 2% ...) than the rest of us! But waitaminute ... look at those responses: two people DID get at least HAMMER, three people got SPANNER ... i.e., something (like you said, Amro) quite similar-sounding to HAMMER -- and all the colours are either allied to red -- pink and orange -- or are a mixture including red ...

Hmmmmmmm. Of course that still leaves us with my Green Spade and Ziggie's CAR JACK ...

What DOES it mean????

sharanya said...

Purple hammer! Half-normal, then!

Unknown said...

-- and meanwhile, our respondents from elsewhere have returned the following results:
PINK WRENCH; RED HAMMER; BLUE HAMMER (all members of one family) and YELLOW HAMMER (my friend A, in Hyderabad).

I have requested The Source of this message to lend us his wisdom in this matter! But I do not detect his presence online yet.

Any theories, BTW? Why is there this bunching of responses in favour of red/red-related colours and hammer/hammer-sound-alike tools? Weird!

Unknown said...

I found this link after googling RED HAMMER -- there are still no theories about what conditions the choices, but at least there are a whole lot more odd choices out there. And some interesting comments. Go click ...

http://talkleft.com/new_archives/011414.html

Anonymous said...

I came up with a red trowel (digging tool)

Anonymous said...

Red Hammer, I can't believe this!

Anonymous said...

well I said orange hammer. hammer probably because that's the only tool I can actually use in the way it was intended. orange I don't know why. but it is reddish. what is a spanner anyway?

Unknown said...

Hi Pauline! You're still here??! I keep thinking you must've left already ... A spanner is used for removing nuts -- it's funny how hard it is to describe -- I can see a picture of one clearly in my head and I could draw one in a second but DESCRIBING one ... ummm ...

Google it ...

Sreejith Narayanan said...

i have seen a similar one, in one of bryan adams videos. Don't remember the song.

It goes on like this,


THink about a number between 1 and 10. Add 5 to it. subtract 3 (something like this). Multiply by 9. Add the digits of the no obtained.

Now subtract 5 from the no thus obtained. Think about the alphabet corresponding to the no. THink about the name of a country starting with that alphabet. Now, think of an animal whose name starts with the second alphabet of the country name.



Then u see Bryan Adams walking along with an elephant.

giri said...

hi manjula
(a bit of a )Same pinch.
I saw a yellow and a bit of green trowel( trowel: flat triangular little tool used in wall construction for spreading mortar)
Appearance-wise a distant cousin of the spade, can I say? And it's because of this cousin relationship and the colour green that I offer the same(ness) pinch.
So, me a deviant?

Space Bar said...

sorry--this must ancient hat by now, but i got red spanner (like someone else here).

and i remember thinking one second after, that i must be dyslexic or something.

Anonymous said...

Blue Hammer!!!
Rachna

Anonymous said...

red hammer.

-delighted to be normal unlike all the other weirdos.