Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NATURAL REMEDY FOR DENGUE?

UPDATE: A friend posted a link suggesting that this so-called cure is most likely a hoax. Please follow this LINK. It's the same as the one in the second comment to this post. I'm removing most of the original post regarding the "cure" but if you'd like to know what it was anyway, then follow the link in the paragraph below this one.

A friend sent this to me. I do not have first-hand information but since the method appears to be otherwise harmless AND easy to resort to, I think it's well worth the try. Here it is: (disclaimer: I don't know, in both accounts given below, who the "I" is. The message is as it came to me, with no changes made to it by me. I Googled Won Low Kat and found several sites listing the same advise about the papaya leaf cure. I have NO idea what "Won Low Kat" is! The story and information appear to be sourced from the Philippines or Indonesia. There are very many links to blogs featuring the same or very similar text, but this one includes a photograph of the papaya's leaf: A SAILOR'S MUSINGS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kuhl! should be easy enough to test - put a bit of papaya juice in dengue cultures. will try to chase it. gt

Anonymous said...

Don't think it is true..
http://www.mail-archive.com/better_personality@googlegroups.com/msg01796.html