Sunday, October 09, 2011

Puzzle Time #2

Picture Puzzle #2

Several friends responded to Picture Puzzle #1 but only two managed to post comments (and one posted via me). I think there were a couple of problems: (a) it wasn't easy to find the puzzle because of my post about the World Tour Mystery (b) the "comments" button is not merely tucked out of sight, but you've got to click on it and then scroll down to see it. Which is a bore. This new template is still being tweaked, so maybe that'll improve.

Okay! I thought the previous pix were too obvious by half -- but I didn't know whether to make em more or less so. Based on that experience I ... STILL DON'T KNOW! Heh. So this new lot is easy too but I used the same background for four, which may help with scale issues. They're also common objects. But how common is "common"? In the previous set, I realized belatedly that #4 was coloured in a way that wouldn't be common in India. Anyway, here now are the answers to Picture Puzzle #1:

1) Popcorn -- i.e., one popped kernel
2) Postage stamp -- the wiggly edge between one stamp and its neighbour. They're self-adhesive stamps so the familiar perforations are missing. This, like #4, was location-specific. Also the stamp is not typical and the fragment of printing that you see is misleading. So ... my bad.
3) Cotton bud
4) Toothpick tip -- an ordinary wooden one, but blue
5) Burnt match-head (everyone got this, no surprise)

Below are five new pix. Complaints are welcome, BTW -- too easy/too hard/too blurred -- I'd like to know. I plan to do this once a week! So feedback is useful. As before, scroll down past the pictures to find the comment button. Click on it and THEN SCROLL AGAIN. I watch-dog them, so they won't post immediately.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. scissors
2. nail filer
3. measuring tape?
4. candle?
5. blinds

Unknown said...

Got a message from "Anonymous" which I'm not publishing right away coz it reveals answers. However here's his/her score:

1) RIGHT
2) RIGHT
3) HALF RIGHT
4) X
5) RIGHT

Unknown said...

Okay. ANOTHER poster sent me an e-mail with gritted teeth, because of being UNABLE to post here (to which: *sigh*) with the following results:

1) RIGHT
2) RIGHT
3) RIGHT
4) RIGHT
5) RIGHT

Okay. See? It really is EASY.

Prissy Chrissy said...

1)Part of a pair of Scissors
2)Tip of a Nail File
3)Either a ruler or part of a weighing scale perhaps?
4)The thingy that helps draw the curtains or maybe the little loopity thingys they attach to umbrellas and stuff
5)curtain/drape

Unknown said...

Okay, that does it -- I'm posting complete replies now -- coz the jig's up. I'll post the actual answers on Sunday plus the next five pix.

Here are the five answers from Poster # Two (who couldn't access the cleverly hidden comments screen):
1) SCISSORS
2) EMORY BOARD
3) RULER
4) PLASTIC PULL
5) HMM..WINDOW SHADE..?

and I'll post the first one that came in as well (in its original form) as well, immediately after mine. Thx all! Come back on Sunday.

Unknown said...

... uhh ... well that first comment got positioned at the very top, coz it's observing temporal order. Whatever!